Eligibility Criteria 2015–16 Funding Rounds for applications received from 1 November 2015
The NEXT GEN ATHLETE program is designed to support Brisbane resident athletes with an intellectual disability to pursue their sporting aspirations and to participate in regional, state, national and international sporting championships.
Brisbane has been selected as the Host City for the 2019 Inas Global Games. The Inas Global Games brings together elite athletes with an intellectual disability from across the globe to compete across 9 International Sporting Federation sanctioned competitions. The Inas Global Games also provides qualification opportunities for athletes in Swimming, Athletics and Table Tennis as part of the Paralympic pathway to the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics.
The NEXT GEN ATHLETE program is targeted across the 9 Sports offered as part of the Inas Global Games Event Program. The list of eligible Sports is subject to change without notice.
Athletes who do not identify with any of these 9 Sports are welcome to still apply and indicate in which Sport they would like support.
Applicants should however note that priority for funding will be given to athletes nominating from one of the Inas Global Games Sports listed:
- Taekwondo – Poomsae
- Table Tennis
In order to be eligible to apply for a NEXT GEN ATHLETE grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident within the defined boundaries of the Brisbane City Council Local Government area
- Hold a current eligibility registration with Sport Inclusion Australia (formerly known as AUSRAPID) OR be prepared to acquire such registration prior to being awarded a grant.
- Be turning 10 years of age or older at the time of application closing date for nominated round
- Be an Australian citizen or have been granted permanent resident status, residing in Australia (Brisbane)
- Applicants under the age of 18 must have their application form signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Applicants must agree to the General terms and conditions of the NEXT GEN ATHLETE program.
PLUS for NEXT GEN ATHLETE Grant Program
- Be registered with and actively participating in
- a School Sport Queensland/School Sport Australia sanctioned program/event
- a local sporting club that is sanctioned and/or recognised by the relevant State Sporting Organisation
PLUS for NEXT GEN ATHLETE Scholarship Program
- Be registered with and actively participating in a
- School Sport Queensland School Sport Australia program/event
- a local sporting club that is sanctioned/recognised by the relevant State Sporting Organisation
- Be participating as an athlete, in an Official State Sporting Championship endorsed by an Australian Sports Commission (ASC) recognised National Sporting Organisation (NSO),
- Official State School Sport Championship endorsed by School Sport Queensland / School Sport Australia member body,
- Official National Sporting Championship endorsed by an ASC recognised NSO,
- Official National School Sport Championship endorsed by School Sport Australia,
- International competition as a member of an official Australian team, endorsed by an ASC recognised NSO or School Sport Australia or Sport Inclusion Australia or the Australian Paralympic Committee.